“Thank you, it is an honour to be elected as your Metro Mayor.”
Dan Norris’s plans for the West of England
PROTECT AND CREATE JOBS
- Dan will be a “jobs-first” Metro Mayor creating 23,000 new green jobs
- He will introduce a Green Recovery Fund to help rebuild from the pandemic
- It is time to stand up for fair pay and improve access to skills training
EXCELLENT PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Dan Norris will work to genuinely improve local transport
- We need to unclog the roads and get people out of cars
- Buses, bikes and walking must be a priority as we tackle the climate emergency
AMBITIOUS FOR OUR AREA
- Let’s build a thriving West of England where our area gets global recognition
- Dan brings new leadership to create good jobs and tackle homelessness
- We will make the West of England a place we are immensely proud of including by reducing animal cruelty
Mayor Dan Norris grew up here and has worked here all his life.
He is ambitious for our area.
Newly elected Metro Mayor Dan Norris loves the West of England. He grew up here and went to school here. He previously worked across the area as an NSPCC trained child protection officer and local MP as well as running his own businesses. Dan’s home is in Pensford. He has lived in St Paul’s, Hartcliffe, Knowle, Whitchurch, Winterbourne, Coalpit Heath and Bath.
Dan supports Bristol City whose ups and downs have been the perfect training for politics! His deep local roots mean he knows the West of England is a unique and wholly special place. Dan is very proud and hugely ambitious for our area.
Dan Norris has a record of action
as a local campaigner
national awards for his ground breaking anti-bullying and child protection work
17 years +
of elected experience as councillor and MP including as a Minister of Environment
£4 million +
compensation won for Somerset area miners